Your browser does not support JavaScript or it may be disabled!
rediff.com
 India As It Happens
Rediff Labs will showcase innovative products that rediff is working on behind the scenes.
News   |   Images
NEWS ON MOBILE
Get Realtime News
on your webpage

About 817 results for "ngo common cause"

Lokpal appointment only after rules are amended: Govt
Rediff.com

Lokpal chief to be appointed after amending committee rules: Govt

Jitendra Singh said a writ petition has been filed by NGO Common Cause before the SC challenging the validity of search committee rules Business Standard, 1 month ago
[x]  
Livemint.com

HC asks CBI to file report on graft allegations against HP CM

Additional solicitor general Sanjay Jain and Prashant Bhushan, appearing for the Centre and petitioner NGO Common Cause´ respectively, objected to Sibal's plea saying that a notice be issued first before the chief minister is heard. Photo: Hindusta ...
 Livemint.com1 week ago HC seeks new report on Virbhadra graft case [Mail Today (India)]  TMC Net1 week ago HC seeks CBI report on graft charges against Virbhadra  Hindustan Times1 week ago Delhi HC asks for CBI, tax records against Virbhadra Singh  ProKerala.com1 week ago
[x]  
Indian Weekender

Legal literacy on passive euthanasia is a powerful tool in an individual's arsenal: Pinki Virani

In response to a petition by NGO Common Cause, the Supreme Court recently sought the responses from all states and union territories on the need to legalise 'living wills'. The court's action triggered a debate over passive euthanasia, which was ...
 Business Standard1 month ago SC seeks response from states on passive euthanasia  Indian Weekender1 month ago Passive euthanasia: Supreme Court seeks opinion of states  Sify1 month ago

Brain stroke third largest killer in India

The Hindu Apollo Hospital's P.N. Renjen, a senior consultant of neurology said that stroke is the most common cause of disability with more than 70 percent of stroke survivors remaining vocationally impaired and more than 30 percent requiring ...
 The Hindu3 weeks ago
The Star (Kenya)

Are Some Degrees Useless?

Recently, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni caused a storm when he told a crowd gathering that Ugandans should not study useless degrees. He particularly singled out Arts courses, which he said had not added much value to the Ugandan economy.
 Individual.com4 days ago Kenya: Are Some Degrees Useless?  AllAfrica.com4 days ago

The cancer of sifarish

ishrat husain It may not be obvious but the common ground that brought protest marchers to Islamabad was a sense of exclusion from the affairs of the state. The anti-incumbency sentiment is strong because the common citizen feels deprived of ...
 The Statesman2 days ago
Lebanon Daily Star

Last Seen: new campaign to curb texting behind the wheel

BEIRUT: Road safety NGO Kunhadi has teamed up with Lebanon's leading telecommunications company Alfa to launch an advertising campaign to educate drivers on the dangers of texting while driving. This is the second year were doing a campaign with ...
 Lebanon Daily Star1 week ago
Indian Express

Living dangerously: Study lists 16 pollution hotspots in capital

e-waste at Old Seelampur. On Tuesday, Delhi-based NGO Toxics Link released a study identifying 16 pollution hotspots in the city, where pollution — through illegal waste disposal, segregation, severe soil, water and air contamination — is ...
 Indian Express2 weeks ago
New Indian Express

Collecting Scraps for a Cause

HYDERABAD: We don't often pay attention to things we have already used. Take newspapers for instance, once we have read them, they bear no value to us any longer. As a result, newspapers are used for multifarious purposes they are found in ...
 New Indian Express3 weeks ago

Ebola Calling - Liberia's Political Elites Pitch in to Curb Deadly Virus

There is a common saying that "to whom much is given much is also expected in return" and this could be manifesting itself in current day Liberia as the outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus which is causing deaths is serving as a turning point where ...
 Individual.com3 weeks ago
Prev | Next
Personalize your Realtimeclose [x]
Add content to your personalized tab - My News
Add upto 6 topics of your interest:
for eg.2g Scam , World
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
Personalize the tabs display. ( You can add or remove the tabs )
AlertsGet updates on latest news & your favourite topics right in your inbox.Set an Alert|Manage your Alerts

Get

Realtime News

on your Webpage

Add Widget >Get your members hooked!
    
Alerts
Get updated on latest news & your favorite topics right in your inbox!
 
More     Less