Taloja jail authorities sought the special NIA court's nod to shift Lt Col Prasad Purohit, an accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, from the prison's hospital, where he has been staying for seven years, to a high-security 'anda cell'. "The authorities told the court that Purohit has been staying at the jail hospital for seven years and they want to shift him back to the high-security anda cell," special prosecutor Avinash Rasal said. The court, in an order in the past, ... Rediff.com, 3 weeks ago
Former Lt Col Prasad Purohit, arrested in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blasts case, today alleged before Bombay High Court that Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad had fabricated evidence against him and even the National Investigation Team (NIA) disagreed with the ...Business Standard, 2 months ago Even Bombay blasts accused out on bail, Purohit’s lawyer tells HC The Hindu, 1 month ago Malegaon blasts: Col Purohit accuses ATS of fabricating evidence against him DNA, 2 months ago 2008 Malegaon blast update: Special court allows prosecution to present secondary evidence DNA, 2 months ago
The Odisha Assembly today witnessed seven adjournments with both ruling BJD and the opposition Congress demanding apology from Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his remark about the state at an election rally in Uttar Pradesh. When the House assembled for the ...Deccan Herald, 1 month ago
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday asked the Bombay High Court to give it more time to complete its probe of the Malegaon blast case.The Malegaon 2008 blast case was a first case in which Hindu extremists, including army Lt. Colonel Prasad ...Business Standard, 1 month ago No objection if bail granted to Sadhvi Pragya: NIA tells HC Rediff.com, 2 months ago
A former policeman and his son were arrested with 78 kg of opium husk worth Rs 5 lakh in Sri Ganganagar district, police said today. Mahaveer Prasad Bishnoi (60) and Ashwini Kumar (19) were arrested for supplying opium husk to Punjab and Rajasthan, DSP Sri ...Business Standard, 1 month ago
Facing sexual harassment charges, Meghalaya Governor V Shanmuganathan resigned on Thursday night after a section of Raj Bhavan employees demanded his removal for "seriously compromising" the dignity of the gubernatorial office. Official sources said 67-year-old Shanmuganathan tendered his resignation from the post. Chief Minister Mukul Sangma had said earlier in the day said that he was waiting for Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Home Ministry to take a call. Nearly 100 Raj Bhavan staff ...Rediff.com, 1 month ago
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) is getting deeper and deeper into trouble in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case. Former police officer Mehboob Mujawar, who was part of the probe and, in December 2016, filed an affidavit in a Solapur court claiming that ...catchnews.com, 2 months ago Dead suspects in Malegaon blast shown as living: Suspended ATS cop Rediff.com, 2 months ago Suspended ATS cop alleges two Malegaon blasts accused no more Deccan Herald, 2 months ago
on your WebpageAdd Widget >Get your members hooked!